May 4, 2013

Animal Hospital Keychains

I received am email last month requesting a quote for a bulk order of keychains which would be resold in a vet's office. I was excited about the bulk order and having my keychains displayed for sale at a physical location... but a vet's office? I had to know more!



Ruby, the kind woman who contacted me, told me how the vet's office sells certain items in hope of raising money for needy animals. They had a financial donor until last year when he passed away. Now the office is trying to raise their own money by ordering items in bulk at discounted prices from artisans and reselling at a retail price. I respect the animal hospital for utilizing artisans and trying to raise their own money. Heck, I always say that buying handmade goods keeps the artisan community alive, so you know I was interested in helping their cause! 

I had Ruby's order done and shipped in half the time I quoted her. I made 15 keychains with Tibetan silver charms. The colors varied (she gave me free rein on the color schemes) and the charms had different saying like "never never give up," "live your dream," and "karma." 



Here's what Ruby had to say about the order once she received it:

"Could there be anything more beautiful? I think not! I love these and I bet they will sell... I want more!"

Ruby was right. She contacted me three days later to tell me that five keychains sold on the very first day they were for sale in the vet's office. How fantastic! She even sent me this photo of one of the wall displays where my keychains were being featured. It was neat to see some of the other beaded items for sale there, too.


Ruby has been taking her family of animals to Dr. Rourke at this animal hospital for a while now. She says the owner, Dr. Rourke is more caring than some other vets she's been to. Check out these photos of her dogs. (I love how Oreo is lounging on the couch!)


Personally I think dogs are cute as long as they don't belong to me. I've always been more of a cat person. I don't have any animals right now, but here are three of my past fluffy babies. 

Groucho was named after Groucho Marx because of his mustache. He was my shadow for almost 8 years. Trouble was HUGE. I adopted him from a friend at work, and he stayed with me for a few years. Starkey was the quiet one. I named him after Ringo Starr (real name Richard Starkey) because on the way home after adopting him he meowed every time The Beatles played on my mixed CD. 


Do you have pets? Gloat about them like the proud pet-parent you are in the comment section below!  

1 comment:

  1. how awesome :) i love it when things like this happen. and it's wonderful when something coming out of ur hand helps others . <3

    ReplyDelete